Thursday, June 14, 2012

Why Madagascar Takes the Cake!


I'm a movie fanatic!  I really love a good story.  That said.  Is the story for Madagascar 3 all that deep or some mind bending oh my gosh we'll be debating the importance of that message for the rest of our lives kind of story.  No . . . no, it isn't.  So what is.  Is it kitty fare hyped-up on a kilo of cat nip so all five of your senses are operating at max potential.  YES!  Yes, it is.  That is of course . . . if you're watching it in 3D.

I have come to the realization that 3D movies done proper is like riding that new roller coaster at your local theme park for the first time.  And watching that same movie in a 2D format is like riding that other ride . . . you know the one.  The one where you know all the turns, the flips, and the jolts.  The one in which you only bother to raise your hands in the air and give a whoop like you're having a good time is when you flash by the camera on the final turn, only to be disappointed that the person in front of you covered half of your face.

The 3D screen is like playing Time Crisis 4 (with an actually working gun, mind you), and the 2D screening of a legit 3D movie is like playing classic pong in the 1970's (you don't really know what your missing until you actually see there are fake bullet-ejecting guns and a foot pedal to reload.)

So, I already hear some chatter.  Like, what about the biggest opening movie ever?  The movie that is now the top grossing superhero movie of all-time?  Well, that was good too.  But.  I still give Madagascar the edge.  Maybe it's because it's the most recent movie I saw in theaters.  Maybe.  But I doubt it.

So, then what is it about this movie beyond the T2 shades that pushed it to be my favorite summer flick . . . so far?  Was it the vibrant colors?  The MI6 penguins?  Was it the talking lion with his perfect pentagonal mane and his crew of friends?  Was it the break-neck pace?  In retrospect, I think it was everything.  The movie brings you to such euphoric heights that it practically leaves you breathless!    

1 comment:

  1. Well after reading a review like that I pretty catch up and watch this movie:)

    ReplyDelete